I am a registered sole trader: Laura Dowers T/As LD Secretarial Services. I offer typing, document creation, copywriting, proofreading and self-publishing services. My client/customer base is worldwide.
This policy describes how I protect and make use of the information you give me.
If you are asked to provide information, it will only be used in the ways stated in this policy.
Why do I collect data from you?
I gather and use certain information about you in order to:
- respond to your requests for information
- allow me to make contact with you during a project
- enable certain functions on this website
- better understand how visitors use this website
What information do I collect from you?
I collect the following minimal information:
- contact postal address
- email address
- information pertinent to your enquiry
How do I use this data?
The data I collect is used as follows:
- For my internal accounting processes (e.g. so I can invoice you) and so that I am compliant with my tax authority (HMRC) should it request an audit.
- To contact you in response to your enquiry, order, quote or booking.
- To record your agreement to the terms and conditions of my services.
A cookie is a small file placed on your computer’s hard drive. It enables my website to identify your computer as you view different pages on my website.
- Google Analytics
Cookies do not provide me with access to your computer or any information about you other than that which you elect to share with me.
To learn more about cookies, visit All About Cookies.
How do I collect your personal data?
I collect and store minimal information via the following website forms:
- Contact form (via WordPress WPFormsLite)
- Get a quote form (via WordPress WPFormsLite)
- Email (via SiteGround)
- Correspondence sent via postal methods
I will never lease, distribute or sell your information to third parties unless you give me written permission to do so, or I am required to do so by law.
You can ask me to remove your data at any time.
How do I store your personal data?
The minimal information I collect is stored on the following data servers:
- PayPal. This is the password-protected online payment service I use for sales of my services for clients who choose not to pay via direct bank transfer, cheque or cash.
- Microsoft’s servers are registered with the EU–US Privacy Shield.
How long do I keep your data for?
Because many of my customers and clients work with me more than once, I do not delete data unless specifically requested to do so.
HMRC requires me to keep records for at least 22 months after the end of the tax year the tax return is for. See ‘Keeping your pay and tax records‘. However, I may keep your data indefinitely on my server unless requested to remove it.
Please ask if you want me to delete or amend your records. Providing I am complying with HMRC’s legal requirements, I will action your request immediately.
With whom is your data shared?
No one, unless you request that I do so in writing, or HMRC elects to audit my business.
If you have any questions or requests for modification or removal of your data, you are welcome to email me at email@example.com or write to me at Laura Dowers, LD Secretarial Services, 67 Elmcroft Avenue, Wanstead, London, E11 2BN.