The Client seeking this company’s secretarial services will be referred to in this document as The Client.
The service provider, LD Secretarial Services, will be referred to as LDSS.
Terms and Conditions of Service
- Upon receipt of a proposal form, LDSS will send a service contract to The Client formally outlining their requirements. The service contract must be signed by both The Client and LDSS before undertaking any project. A signed service contract is an acceptance by The Client of LDSS’s Terms and Conditions. The service contract will list details of the project, including special requirements, including agreed timescales, together with the expected cost. The Client should note that should their original requirements change, LDSS reserves the right after consultation to amend the original project specification and expected cost. In all circumstances culminating in the termination of services provided by LDSS, The Client will be billed accordingly for all work undertaken by LDSS.
- It is incumbent upon The Client to provide clear instructions and define their expectations of the required services on the proposal form. These will be itemised on the service contract and will be sent to The Client for approval before work commences. In the absence of clear instructions and expectations, The Client accepts that work completed by LDSS has been carried out in good faith and LDSS shall be entitled to assume it has been completed in the manner expected by The Client.
- A 30% deposit (made either by BACS, PayPal or cheque) of the total expected cost is required to be made at the time of the submission of the signed service contract. An invoice will be sent to The Client on completion of the work, and the balance/full payment must be paid within 14 days of the invoice date. If a cheque is returned by the bank, The Client will be held responsible for all bank charges resulting.
- LDSS accepts no liability whatsoever for any detriment to The Client’s business, perceived or actual, resulting from any activities or works carried out by LDSS. If errors are found in the work received by The Client then LDSS will be liable for the cost of the work only.
- Final responsibility for proofreading errors in completed documents lies with The Client. LDSS will only correct errors found in work carried out by LDSS free of charge, providing LDSS has been advised of them within 48 hours of receipt of completed work by The Client. LDSS will accept no liability for correcting errors after the aforesaid timescale.
- LDSS will not engage in any activities contravening any legal or moral codes, as defined by LDSS and/or applicable laws of the United Kingdom of these activities. These include copyright, plagiarism and data protection.
- Incoming information sent electronically and received by LDSS will be scanned for viruses, as will hardware. In the case of emails, suspicious files will not be opened, so it is necessary for The Client to clearly name any files sent.
- Whilst LDSS has taken all reasonable precautions to ensure that any email, attachment, and files prepared or provided by LDSS on disc, stick or electronic form has been scanned for viruses. LDSS cannot accept liability for any loss or damage sustained by The Client as a result of software viruses or data corruption and The Client is responsible for carrying out its own virus checks.
- Copies of The Client’s documents will be kept for a minimum period of 12 months. At the expiry of this period, such documents may be deleted.
- The Client should send hard copies of documents or hardware by a traceable courier service, i.e. recorded delivery post or courier service.
- LDSS ensures The Client’s confidentiality at all times, and if required, a Confidentiality or Non-Disclosure Agreement can be provided.
- Visits to the LDSS office is not permitted. Clients wishing to confer face to face can suggest a Wanstead or nearby location, such as a coffee shop/cafe.